Found in the northeastern part of Scotland in the town of Elgin, is the ruin of Elgin Cathedral. Established in 1224, the Cathedral suffered from fires in 1270, 1390, and 1402. After the Protestant reformation of 1560, the Cathedral lost its roof. A gable wall above the double door contains a large opening that once held a large rose window. Several other interesting features can be found around the ruins as one explores.